Category Archives: Restoration of a Collard & Collard (late Clementi) Square Piano
This is a diary, documenting the restoration of a Collard & Collard (late Clementi, Collard & Collard) Square Piano.
The firm of Collard & Collard originally started life as J Longman & Co in 1767. The company underwent various changes throughout its history and with numerous owners coming and going had a number of different names along its path as well.
The evolution of the Collard & Collard looks something like this. Longman, Lukey & Co, Longman & Broderip, Longman Clementi & Company, Clementi & Co (1802), Clementi, Collard & Collard from (1823 to 1831) and Collard & Collard.